Wednesday, December 26, 2007

a little bit about me....

I am a junior studying organizational management with a women's studies minor. International business is awesome but UMD doesn't offer it; I made the mistake of not doing my research before going. This is my second time studying abroad. My first experience was in Mexico City and Chiapas, Mexico. I was there on a field study for a women's study program; however, I was studying economics and geo-politics; specifically NAFTA and the US expansion of this phenomenon.

In October, I was wandering around in the hallways of Cina looking for a place to 'study' when I noticed an unusually large India poster. I glanced at it, just for perks and there it was, my calling to India.

After hearing incredible stories, watching too many Bollywood films, listening to Indian music, reading too many Ghandi quotes...about this side of the world I decided I have to go. I do not have a lot of experience abroad so, I thought India would be the best place to take advantage of this opportunity.

No comments: